Product Summary:The Wywires Platinum headphone cable is the upgrade to the popular Wywires RED Series headphone cable. A different internal wire formula than RED, and proprietary carbon graphene compound deliver greatly reduced inductance, far higher resolution, better transient response for superior personal audio listening.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
Wywires – Platinum Headphone Cable
The Wywires Platinum headphone cable is the upgrade to the popular Wywires RED Series headphone cable. A different internal wire formula than RED, and proprietary carbon graphene compound deliver greatly reduced inductance, far higher resolution, better transient response for superior personal audio listening.
The Wywires Premium headphone cable is the ideal choice for your ultimate-reference headphones from Sennheiser, Audeze, Focal and HiFiman. All Wywires cables use high-purity Litz copper conductor, which have been phase-aligned and encased inside a sealed Teflon tube with an air barrier. Engineered to provide optimum weight, flex and texture for comfortable, tangle-free use.
Platinum is a reference-quality headphone cable with a noticeable difference in performance over WyWires RED headphone cable and any stock cable. We have been able to retain the flexibility and (mostly) the light weight of the RED headphone cable.
- Design created exclusively for reference headphones
- Hand-crafted in the USA, proprietary wire formula manufactured in USA
- Up to 4x the conductivity of stock cables without adding unwanted mass
- Reduces capacitance that causes time-delay smearing and transient masking
- Minimizes inductance for improved resolution and transient response
- Reduces signal cross-talk for a deep, immersive soundstage for all music genres
- Dead quiet! Our Carbon graphene material greatly attenuates signal loss from EMI
“There’s an emphasis on the mid-to-lower midrange…as that’s where most of the music lies, it’s a welcomed upgrade. WyWires has done a terrific job expanding on their successful RED Series with Platinum. The cable offers reference level performance in a more affordable package.”
– Michael Mercer, HiFi+, Issue 167
“I could not agree more. I have the Platinum USB and Platinum 4 pin XLR headphone cable. Alex is making a Platinum adapter to use with my soon to arrive Utopia.”
– Audio Addict, Head-Fi Community Member, Jan 13, 2017
“…right out of the box I’ve heard a significant difference that I know from past experience will only get better with time. The stock cable is ok, but putting the Red on settled the brightness down without muffling anything, and lowered the noise floor significantly. Lower registers are more detailed and still breaking in. Lovely, really. Just thought you should know, or hear it yet again.”
– Jeff Z.
“The bass on the WyWires goes deep, has weight and does not encroach upon the midrange. Notes are very well defined, whole and round…”
– setamp, Head-Fi Community Member, May 2, 2014
headfi.org review threads on RED headphones cables
- Standard length 5 feet,
- Any custom length available,
- White-with-gray-stripe tekflex with black pigtails,
- Cotton-wrapped copper Litz wire,
- Carbon/Graphene materials, protected by small tube.