Ortofon – TA-210 12″ Tonearm
Product Summary:The Ortofon TA-210 12" static-balance tonearm has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm and is a few inches longer than the 9" model. ... Click To Read More
Trial Period 45 Days
Countries Shipped North America
Break-In Time 20 Hours
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
The Ortofon TA-210 12″ static-balance tonearm has gone to the next level by reducing unwanted vibrations in the tonearm. Their extensive knowledge of vibration properties and characteristics in different shapes and materials has been applied for the optimization of TA-210 tonearm.
TA-210 is the product with great benefits for the discerning analog user
The TA-210 can ideally be combined with the MC Windfeld Ti, MC A95, SPU Series and the Ortofon Xpression. For SPU Series the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force. The combination of Xpression, the ST-80 SE Moving Coil transformer and the TA-210 gives a supreme experience!
The High-end headshell LH-10000, incorporating damping technology similar to the TA-110/210 tonearms is a perfect interface between the tonearms and the Ortofon Cadenza Series, MC Windfeld Ti and MC A95.
The effect of the rubber and TPE damping properties
The TA-210 is given a precision machined slit in each end of the aluminum tube. A piece of Ortofon special vibration damping compound is integrated into each slit:
• Rubber insert with high vibration damping properties integrated into the bottom slit of the armtube.
• Special proprietary TPE compound with excellent damping properties integrated into the top slit of the armtube.
Due to these two different materials, an extended damping effect is obtained in the largest possible range. Both inserts integrated into the tonearm tube are manufactured at the Ortofon technical facilities in Nakskov, Denmark. The TA-210 armtube is less stressed than TA-110 and a lot less stressed than conventional armtubes due to the Technical rubber and TPE excellent damping properties.
- TA-210 is a static balanced gimbal type arm, easy to use and adjust for optimal VTF settings
- TA-210 has a standard 5-pin DIN connector for tonearm cable
- The tonearm geometry allows for a Baerwald alignment (also the IEC recommendations)
- Counterweight with Inner/outer scale
- Inner scale to be applied with main counterweight
- Outer scale to be applied when extra mass ring is added
- Counterweight will work with headshell+cartridge mass approximately in the range 20 to 28g
- TA-210 is fitted with a standard headshell connector and can easily be adjusted in accordance with the included mounting template
- Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge and headshell combinations included (the extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force)
- Extra mass ring weight 45g
Hi-Fi World December 2012
Reviewed by Rafael Todes
“…The deck and combination has an attractive quality of making the midrange of the orchestra colours seem more intense and concentrated, as if you were listening in Technicolor!…
…The TA-210 has an unusually clean vibrational spectrum…
…So although the TA-210 is a long and conventional looking arm under measurement it performs very well…”
Extra mass ring for heavier cartridge-and-headshell combinations
The extra mass ring may need to be attached to achieve proper tracking force. The counterweight should be attached onto the rear of the tonearm with the inner number scale facing forward. If the extra mass ring is needed, it must be installed prior to attaching the counterweight to the tonearm. The extra mass ring should be installed on the back of the counterweight and may need to be twisted slightly to facilitate the installation. Ensure that the extra mass ring fits tightly to the thick part of the counterweight.
- Effective mass without headshell: 5 g
- Effective armlength (distance between the stylus and pivot point): 329.0 mm
- Mounting distance (distance between the pivot point and turntable center): 316.6 mm
- Offset angle: 16.5 degrees
- Overhang: 12.4 mm
- Tracking force adjusting range (direct reading): 0-3/0-4 g
- Height adjustment range: 35-55 mm
- Diameter of the armbase mounting hole: 19-20 mm
- Diameter of the center shaft of tonearm: 18.0 mm
- Inner null point: 66 mm
- Outer null point: 120.9 mm
- Counterweight for cartridge + headshell mass between 21 and 28g included
- Headshell LH-2000E included, weight: 15.5 g
- TA-210 total weight including headshell: 536 g
- Set of tonearm cables 6NX-TSW-1010 included
- Extra mass ring for heavier cartridges included, weight: 45 g