Ortofon – 2M Mono Moving Magnet Cartridge
Product Summary:Jaguar is an Authorized Retailer for all Ortofon products. Some of the greatest recordings in music continue to be reissued in their original mono mixes. Do them justice with Ortofon's 2M Mono phono cartridge.... Click To Read More
Trial Period 45 Days
Countries Shipped North America
Break-In Time 20 Hours
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
With an improved engine providing extremely accurate playback, 2M Mono digs deep into the grooves, pulling out music you’ve never heard before. The 2M Mono is built with a 18µm Nude Spherical stylus for a supremely balanced, thoroughly enjoyable sound.
The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Ortofon‘s philosophy is to play the record as accurately as possible, without coloring the sound. The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon‘s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
Ortofon has optimized the 2M design for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz –
- Channel separation at 1 kHz –
- Channel separation at 15 kHz –
- Frequency range at – 3dB – 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / – 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type – Nude Spherical
- Stylus tip radius – R18 µm
- Tracking force range – 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended – 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle – 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance – 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance – 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/White
- Cartridge weight without screws – 7,2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight – 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length – 52 mm
- Replacement stylus unit – 2M Mono (interchangeable with 2M 78)