Product Summary:The Nanotec #308 "Wonderful" Power Cable uses the most advanced copper in the world (called PC Triple C), coated with a micro-layer of gold and silver nanoparticles. Compared to Nanotec #309, the #308 has a higher gold concentration, which gives it a bit more midrange presence. These are offered as finished cables with the connector type of your choice or bulk cable.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
#308 Wonderful Power Cable By Nanotec Systems
The Nanotec #308 “Wonderful” Power Cable uses the most advanced copper in the world (called PC Triple C), coated with a micro-layer of gold and silver nanoparticles. Compared to Nanotec #309, the #308 has a higher gold concentration, which gives it a bit more midrange presence. These are offered as finished cables with the connector type of your choice or bulk cable.
The Japanese have been masters of metallurgy since the days of the Samurai sword. The Nanotec #308 contains 105 strands of copper in each of the three conductors, so it’s an excellent choice for extremely high-current applications, even on a 20A circuit. This is a prime example of Jaguar’s mission to offer our clients the most cutting-edge technology and this is one of the first products on the market to use it.
- Please, understand what you’re getting with Nanotec, and don’t be fooled by the cost of these cables… A very well know provider of audiophile cables builds a speaker and power cable with nanoparticles supplied by Nanotec Systems, from cable also manufactured at the Furukawa plant in Japan, using Continuous Crystal rather than PC Triple C copper, and premium connectors… they look beautiful but the cost is $4,000 for a 1.8M power cable and $7,000 for a 3.0M pair of speaker cables.
At Jaguar, we use Nanotec power cables throughout our reference system, because when a $400 cable sounds as good as the $2,000 cables we used to use, we’ll gladly direct the money we save into other parts of our reference system. Here’s a partial list of the gear we’ve run in the Jaguar Listening Space with Nanotec #306, #308, and #309 power cables:
Lamm LP2.1 Phono Preamp, Mytek Manhattan II DAC, Aqua La Voce DAC, PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator, Vibex Power Conditioner, Doshi Audio Linestage Preamplifier, Lamm LL2.1 Linestage Preamplifier, Pass Labs XA-30.8 Power Amplifier, Bully Sound S5 Power Amplifier.
Note: According to Nanotec, power cable lengths shorter than 1.8M (6.0ft) will experience a slight reduction in noise-canceling performance.
“Nanotec Systems soaks these conductors in a colloidal liquid of 1.5 x the density of their first liquid as used on earlier cables. For the Power Strada #306 the ratio is 95% gold to 5% silver. These particles are truly nano in size to vary from 3.5 to 8millionths of a millimeter.”
“Nanotec has apparently done it again. They’ve moved up another rung on the quality ladder whilst sticking with their proven ideology of providing affordable quality through sheer ingenuity.”
Comparing to the high-priced Crystal Cable – “In the Crystal Cable the shininess of silver put the music in a spotlight. The Nanotec more bathed the music in a floodlight.”
Connector Plating Selection:
- Rhodium connectors have a leaner mid-range than Gold, which highlights the higher frequencies and sounds faster and more neutral,
- Gold has more mid-range presence, sounds fuller, warmer and is the best choice for gear with a bit of a treble edge that needs to be tamed,
- We recommend having a selection of cables with rhodium and gold connectors, so you can use the type that sounds best with each particular component,
- To maximize the combination of performance and budget, use the Furutech FI-50 NCF connectors on your mains cable (and sometimes the power amplifier) and the Jaguar AC connectors on the components.
Connect to a Dedicated Circuit: Audiophiles will often have an electrician install a dedicated circuit, to separate their system’s circuit from appliances, lights, switches, and other outlets, but this is not possible in many situations. However, sometimes you can run a long cable to an already-existing circuit (such as some appliance outlets) or just have a new circuit and outlet installed right below the breaker panel and run the cable to that outlet.
Break-In: The #308 requires a minimum of 200-250 hrs of break-in play. The cable will sound flat with restrained dynamics up until the moment it’s fully broken in. Just keep racking up the hours until the nuance and detail start to sound free and effortless.