The ALO Studio Six Headphone Amplifier is athe product of uncompromising quality and design. Conservative part ratings and circuit design translate into effortless, under-stressed operation, extended tube life and long-term amplifier reliability. All in all, the Studio Six is an obsolescence-proof piece of audio equipment and a timeless design built to last a lifetime and to deliver unmatched sonic performance.... Click To Read More
Everything Ships Free!
The price shown includes shipping and insurance.Learn More
Trade to Upgrade
Most items purchased from Jaguar can be traded back for credit toward future purchases. See our Customer Service section for futher details.Learn More
Have Questions? 844-462-8346Call our experts for product info and advice or chat now with a specialist.
Studio Six Tube Headphone Amplifier By ALO Audio
The ALO Studio Six Headphone Amplifier is athe product of uncompromising quality and design. Conservative part ratings and circuit design translate into effortless, under-stressed operation, extended tube life and long-term amplifier reliability. All in all, the Studio Six is an obsolescence-proof piece of audio equipment and a timeless design built to last a lifetime and to deliver unmatched sonic performance.
The Studio Six circuit design is a class-A single-ended triode (SET) with zero-feedback and 100% tube amplification, designed for resolution of fine musical details, expansive soundstage presentation, and lush tonal quality. Only vacuum tubes with the finest reputation for sonic virtue are used in this design. These are tubes that will continue to be available in the global audio marketplace. The power supply is a “virtual dual monoblock” design featuring vacuum tube rectification. Filtering for the Left and Right input stages, includes two glow discharge regulator tubes and separate multi-stage filtering for each Left and Right Channel output tube.
The Studio Six is designed specifically for headphones and drives many pairs of headphones with no sacrifice to fidelity and is an ideal amp for shared listening sessions. A proprietary output stage accommodates a wide range of headphone impedance from 8 to 600-Ohms, with ease. The ‘overbuilt’ power supply features robust multi-stage high-voltage filtering, for superior low-frequency performance.
“So what is the verdict on the ALO Audio Studio Six and Phono Stage? It is an audio triumph. You may find another amp you like as well but it is unlikely you will find one that is definitively better. This is a mountain top amplifier. It pairs well with Dynamic, Planar, Open, Closed and Semi-Open headphones. The Studio Six itself is the single best Headphone Amplifier I have ever heard paired with the Sennheiser HD800’s. Using the Phono Stage with vinyl is sublime. Paired with a high-quality DAC like the Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 DSDse and digital comes through as natural and engaging.”
-Eric Neff Headphone.guru
“The Studio Six from ALO Audio redefines what headphones are capable of delivering, from the least expensive to the most exotic cans in your collection… Its ability to drive every type of headphone also makes the Studio Six an incredibly versatile tool as a reference component, so expect to hear more about this landmark product in the issues to come as it will be my reference amplifier by which to evaluate all other personal audio gear.”
-Jeff Dorgay @ Tone Audio Issue #57
- Headphone impedance compatibility range:
- 8 Ohms to 600 Ohms
- Maximum rated output power:
- 1,000 milliwatts into 8 to 32 Ohms
- Amplifier input impedance:
- Amplifier input Voltage for full-rated output voltage into various headphone impedances:
- 1.00V RMS input for 4.0V RMS output into 16 Ohms
- 1.30V RMS input for 5.7V RMS output into 32 Ohms
- 1.70V RMS input for 7.5V RMS output into 75 Ohms
- 1.85V RMS input for 8.3V RMS output into 150 Ohms
- 1.70V RMS input for 8.2V RMS output into 300 Ohms
- 1.65V RMS input for 8.1V RMS output into 600 Ohms
- THD+N (1kHz input) at 1V RMS output into stated load impedances:
- 32 Ohms: 0.26%
- 150 Ohms: 0.12%
- THD+N (1kHz input) at 250 milliwatts output into stated impedances:
- 32 Ohms: 1.0%
- 150 Ohms: 2.0%
- Frequency Response -3dB (Referenced to 1kHz, 250 milliwatts output) into stated impedances:
- 32 Ohms: 6.0Hz to 39kHz
- 150 Ohms: 16.5Hz to 36kHz
- Frequency Response -1dB at full-rated (2.83V RMS) 1,000 milliwatt output into 8 Ohms:
- 15Hz to 20kHz
- S/N Ratio:
- 78dB (unweighted) below full 2.83V RMS output into 8 Ohms
- Fuse: 100/110/120V = 1.25 Amp / 250 Volt
- Fuse: 220 / 240V = 6.30 Amp / 250 Volt